I was driving round Keighley this morning when I heard on the news that David Cameron's son had died . I gasped with shock because, well, you don't expect six-year-olds, even ones you don't know, to die. Most journalists today are saying they know how he feels because they have got kids, too. Well, I haven't got kids which rules me out of that particular line of rhetoris. But what I do know is that hearing sad news like that makes you get a grip and realise that in the end there is a hell of a lot more to life than chasing votes and winnng or losing in what is only in real terms a passing year or two on this planet. Losing a child is one of the worst tragedies that can happen to anyone. At any age.
Wednesday, 25 February 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Quite right, compleltly agree. My thoughts are with his parents.
If I may say so, one of the best comments on this particular domestic tragedy that I have read.
Post a Comment