Tuesday, 17 November 2009

OFF TO THE SEASIDE....

How I wish it were for a holiday.......instead I'm Branch delegate at the NUJ AGM in Southport. Before embarking on Thursday I will be writing up my report from the LRC AGM for Labour Briefing.
I note with interest Adam White's remarks on Labour Home. Congrats to Adam for being elected to the National Committee from Greater Manchester LRC.I will have a chat when I see you next about your thoughts.....
The NC has several new members this year which is A Good Thing and dare I say also a Even Better Thing they are from Cambridge, Chesterfield Manchester and Merseyside.
The LRC needs its Friends In The North ( and South, East and West) if it is to progress in the coming period.We need to get out more. So thanks to my erswthile Manchester NUJ colleague and new NC Committee member Miles Barter for his offer of going out on the stomp in the south. All such offers will be gratefully appreciated ...PS: Yes I know I said I wasn't blogging but as several people have asked me to carry on I will, albeit more sporadically.PPS. Commiserations to Rochard Simcox, NUJ Left candidate for editor of The Journalist.

2 comments:

Lee Skevington said...

Very glad to see more blogging.

Something I mentioned to Adam the other day was that maybe the LRC needs to establish a political fund and to do some major fundraising to help socialist candidates.

We really must be doing more to help left Labour candidates fight in their constituencies. It goes without saying that we need more socialists in parliament.

However if this were to be the case any money though should be put into seats we can REASONABLY expect to win; otherwise it would be wasted cash.

Bob Piper said...

Welcome back Sue. We were missing you already.