It was a throwaway few seconds on last night's Channel 4 News and I would have blogged straight afterwards but post-work exhaustion set in. But I still want it on record that David Cameron's plans announced for fixed term social housing rank as aming the most despicable ideas yet the ConDems have come up with.
Back in March we faced the painful task of handing back my dad's house to the housing association and I believe it's now occupied by a young family complete with new renovations and a satellite disc . Strange to think the place we knew as home for 35 years has gone but that's how it works. Or rather, should.
The idea people who are unable to afford to buy somewhere ( or maybe don't want to) should be kicked out is pretty disgusting. So much for Cam's concern about 'broken Britain.'
At a time when millions more homes are needed for social housing, he is proposing the very opposite. How compassionate. And how very Tory.
Wednesday, 4 August 2010
HOMES FOR LIFE
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment