A few years ago I got a fair amount of gyp for daring to suggest Jon Cruddas was not the aspiring born-again leftie he was cracked up to be.
But JC's complete misunderstanding of the zeitgeist and recent backing for David Miliband showed just how right many of us were to be sceptical about his so-called credentials.
Well, what goes around comes around and I learn from an impeccable source that Cruddas did not come clean about his backing for the pro-Iraq Miliband until VERY late in the day.
I also learn that several close former allies on the left were tearing their hair out at his support for New Labour's chosen heir. They regard it as abetrayal and want no more truck......
I am no cheerlleader for Ed Miliband - but let us at least give him some credit for avowing a different stance on civil liberties and speaking out against Iraq. And let's remember that "leading left winger" Cruddas voted to lock people up on the 42 days issuye , was in favour of ID cards and of course voted for the war. Hope he shuts the door on his way out........
Wednesday, 29 September 2010
A FOOTNOTE ON JON CRUDDAS......
Posted by
susan press
at
00:04
Labels: Jon Cruddas
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment