Last night on the way home from Manchester I met a woman from the Labour Party who I have known for at least 25 years. She told me about the disgraceful victimisation of some long-standing Party members ( now threatened with expulsion) because they made an offiical complaint about their PPC Simon Danczuk. A former Mayor is now threatening to resign. My understanding is all the seven facing disciplinary action have been in the Labour Party for decades.
Danczuk has been PPC for a couple of years. He was selected over Manchester councillor Afzhal Khan, a former Lord Mayor of Manchester and someone who would have been a brilliant canddiate. The point at issue now is that Party members in Rochdale believe there are question-marks over Danczuk which require investigating. And have been brave enough to sign a letter saying so.
Have we now really reached the stage where any questioning of the New Labour clique who run the Party machine - and use it to get their candidates imposed often against the wishes of the local activists - is grounds for being thrown out?
http://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/2/news-headlines/29600/former-mayor-threatens-to-quit-labour-party
Thursday, 17 September 2009
ROCHDALE PARTY MEMBERS FACE EXPULSION
Posted by
susan press
at
11:18
Labels: Parliamentary selections, Rochdale CLP
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You do know that Afzal came FOURTH I think, certainly not second! I supported AK myself but it is pointless to pretend that he was the runner up in this one.
Post a Comment