Thursday, 17 September 2009

TUC BACKS PEOPLE'S CHARTER

Earlier this year the People's Charter was launched by Parliamentarians and trade unions including the RMT and FBU. Good news from the TUC where Congress overwhelmingly voted to back an RMT motion asking for support for the Charter's call for a fairer economy, decent housing and pensions, restoration of trade union rights, and bringing the private utilities into public ownership. More details on the LRC website

3 comments:

Dave Semple said...

Which is great; but what does it mean to people on the ground? Less than sod all?

susan press said...

I think that's unfair. The Charter has been stymied as the big unions hitheto refused to back it - now they have.
I think the Charter is a useful campaigning tool and backing from the TUC gives it far more clout and credibility.It is up to us a activists to get out there

Robert said...

Does little for the low paid workers little or nothing for the people involved with New Labours welfare reforms. New labour has in fact won the backing of the Unions, but I bet not the membership