My thanks to the eminently sensible Bob Piper for the following quote from Dr Jim Swire, whose daughter Laura died in the Lockerbie air disaster. I think many will echo the sentiments expressed..........
I am a Christian, so I would hope that, even if I was convinced that Megrahi was guilty, my Christian compassion and forgiveness would extend to wanting to see him die with his family around him in Libya,” he says. “But I am convinced Megrahi is innocent.”
Swire has become a familiar, dignified face in the media as he has posed questions of the lengthy legal process. His thick mane of hair may have grown whiter before our eyes but this Establishment figure — an Eton and Cambridge-educated doctor from Bromsgrove — has never wavered in his determination to know the facts about the bombing that robbed him of his daughter. “It’s not a head on a platter I want, but the truth.”
Tuesday, 25 August 2009
JIM SWIRE AND LOCKERBIE
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment