Monday, 23 April 2007

STAND DOWN MEACHER!


24 hours ago (less than, actually) I decided I was so hacked off with Michael Meacher and his parallel leadership universe that something had to be done. At 5pm, I created a Facebook group called Stand Down Meacher! Comrades,what a resounding success. We are heading for 100 members .... and counting. That's more in 24 hours than Meacher has managed in 2 months. Tom Watson MP has kindly put a link on his website so I have reciprocated. The power of the internet.....e-mail me if you want to join and are not on Facebook....that can quickly be remedied. Here's the link......

4 comments:

Harry Barnes said...

You can put me down as anti-Meacher, but I am not into Facebooks whatever they are.

Anonymous said...

Harry, thanks. I will pass on your best wishes to the group........

Anonymous said...

So I take it 'dracula' and 'his parallel universe' are acceptable political terms of abuse compared with 'the village idiot'?

Anonymous said...

Neither reference is terribly polite but the Dracula comment is at least in context - given the Guardian described the campaign as "dead in the water."
Michael does live in a parallel world - his grasp on reality appears to be disappearing. Your "village idiot of the PLP" remark was just offensive.
And at least, unlike your good self, I have the decency to say who I am.
I would imagine there are many in the PLP currently using rather stronger language than I have done with Michael Meacher, And who can blame them.....