Monday, 2 April 2007

NEW LABOUR AT ITS MOST NAUSEATING

Today, the Guardian has a piece by two particularly nauseating New Labour MPs.
Liam Byrne and Andy Burnham represent everything I hate about New Labour. They are smug careerists who, frankly, couldn't give a monkey's about the Labour Party. Nor do they have any principlestospeak of.
Indeed, their only concern is getting as high up the greasy pole as they possibly can. They have the gall to suggest that Labour doesn't need a contest and we should all line up behind Brown. And don't get me started on the words of wisdom re their "policy review" ie more privatisation .
Labour currently has 350 MPs in Parliament, of whom only about 100 are even halfway decent. The truly socialist contingent is probably only about 50 or so.
And when the wider public reads the rubbish being spouted on a daily basis by the likes of Byrne and Burnham, who can blame them for being cynical. Still, I'm glad to say 400 people who AREN'T cynical turned up to John McDonnell's leadership rally in London on Saturday. Fine speeches all round and a heartening day for everyone determined to see off the
bag-carriers and careerists who are currently running things.

3 comments:

JayBee said...

I agree. The article is terrible and I guess we're going to get more of them.

I was going to blog about this topic but you were there first and I didn't have anything extra to say.

Anonymous said...

Andy Burnam is going to do just fine in the party, because all he ever does is parrot the official line. He's incapable of independent thought and of answering a question honestly. Witness his recent performance on 'Any Questions'.

susan press said...

Thanks for message Tony.Your blog added to my list! With more people like you on board the Andy Burnhams of this world are finito.