Tonight to a civic function in Mirfield. Tomorrow hustings in Keighley. I'm very cheered by the many messages of support I have had - and the knowledge that so many people in the Labour Party want to see grassroots candidates succeed.
Let's be clear. The odds will be against us at a time when independent-minded socialists are in a minority in the PLP. But I 100 per cent believe that the more of us who put our names forward the more we will stand a chance of winning in the months and years to come.
If I win in Keighley tomorrow, it will be a serious victory . If I lose, it will not be a serious defeat because I have proved that a candidate with a socialist platform can get on the shortlist and win serious credibility due to a lifetime track-record working hard within the labour movement. I have one message really to like-minded comrades in and outside the Labour Party. Let's not give up on our core values - let's not give up on the Party. And let's have more candidates who are prepared to put their heads above the parapet.
Friday, 13 March 2009
HOW RED IS MY VALLEY.......
Posted by
susan press
at
23:52
Labels: Parliamentary selections
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
All the very best, Susan.
All the best
Rootin' for you.
Any news yet?
Post a Comment