Friday, 30 April 2010

WE'RE NOT ALRIGHT.......

I know this feeling I have had it before. In 1992, 1987, and 1983.
IN 1979, when I was a young student, it was inconceivable Margaret Thatcher would come to power . But she did. The rest is history.
The truth is that, barring a miracle, Gordon Brown is not going back into Number 10 a week today.
I watched last night's debate , and tried to cast a professional journalist's rather than partisan eye over what I saw.
Clegg was struggling, stuttering and generally ill-at-ease. Ganged up on over immigration and less than convincing on the economy. The novelty has worn off.
Cameron was unctuous and sounded more Tory than ever.
Brown, with little red water between him and the Conservative Leader, did his best. It just wasnt enough for most viewers.
The reality is that even if he were a combination of Gandhi, Christ and the Dalai Lama Brown is now uttterly unloved and unwanted by the majority of the Great British Public. As in years gone by, the Scum, Torygraph and the Mail are now piling in to finish him off.
My guess is that by this time next week it will all be over for the Son Of The Manse.
One can only hope the Tories don't have enough time to build up the head of steam which will give them an outright majority. With a hung Parliament, we can at least give it another go sooner rather than later.
But, as we head into the final furlong, my money is on a Conservative/Lib Dem coalition. Let's hope I'm wrong....... as I was over Gillian Duffy.
48 hours on it does look as though it was Gordon's Sheffield rally moment

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget The Grauniad is also "piling in to finish him off", too. They're endorsing 'Nick-Nick' Clegg.

David Duff

Merseymike said...

I tend to agree about a Con/LD coalition - but perhaps that might be best

It will give Labour a chance to get rid of Brown - and that does have to happen. This time there will be a proper election for the successor

Second, I really don't think that either the Tories or LD's have any real answers. Let them make a mess of things. Under the current situation the cuts are planned by all parties including Labour. Let the Tories and LD's become unpopular.

Liam said...

Thank you ffor this