Yesterday I was privileged to be invited to the 90th birthday party of a Labour Party stalwart in Manchester Blackley constituency. it was a lovely event and absolutely wonderful to meet old friends and comrades- some of whom I had not seen since the mid-1970s.
It restored my faith that, whatever happens on Saturday, the Labour Party is still the only place to be. The total disarray of the left "alternatives" who are spatting with each other over lost deposits shows the redundancy of such a stragey when it comes to the reality of elections.
Elections are, of course, not the only way of promoting socialist ideas. But they are crucial.
With the horrible prospect of Cameron in Number 10, the work of the LRC and its supporters will go on. This inspiring film shows that we are still there - and I would urge anyone who has left Labour to come and join us.We need you in the months and years ahead.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4fXZgdVtDk
Monday, 3 May 2010
WE'll KEEP THE RED FLAG FLYING
Posted by
susan press
at
11:20
Labels: 2010 General Election, Cambridge LRC
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment