This enlightening article has just been sent to me by a fellow member of Calder Valley CLP.
And it is probably time I made one thing clear.
Despite everything, I still believe a Labour Government - warts and all - is preferable to a Conservative one.
I have my reservations. I have axes which I will probably grind in the days and weeks after it's all over. But, as the man says, the Liberal Democrats offer no real radical alternative. Given the chance, Clegg will cosy up to Cameron. and ditch whatever pretensions he has to being progressive. It's up to all of us on the left who care about socialist values to carry on the fight. And we can't do that with a Cameron Government. Or a Lib/Con coalition. But for probably the first time in my adult voting life I have no idea what is going to happen nationally........ we need also to be mindful there will be another General Election soon and that for Labour to come anything less than second would take the Party a generation to recover locally. The truth is the Liberal Democrats won't win in Calder Valley.Let's not give them the chance........this time or next
http://www.tribunemagazine.co.uk/2010/05/05/it%E2%80%99s-labour-or-tory-there%E2%80%99s-no-alternative/
Wednesday, 5 May 2010
VOTE LABOUR TOMORROW ......
Posted by
susan press
at
19:50
Labels: 2010 General Election
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
No Susan. The CLP have sat on their hands for far too long, and failed to realise the future they were effectively endorsing through petty, personal bitterness.
If Craig Whittaker wins the seat tomorrow, there will definitely not be one individual to blame for this, and that fact will be made extremely clear to the public in the weeks following.
Remember who your Facebook friends are.
Whatever happens today, Calder Valley CLP will re-build and re-engage with the local community. Your personal threats do not impress me - or anyone else.
I think most us will just want to move on - not indulge in personal and nasty recriminations. We will have another election to fight very soon.....
Hopefully with a candidate who will have a chance of taking the seat back - not Booth!
Post a Comment