Wednesday, 8 October 2008

CREDIT CRUNCHED

In times like these, it helps to have a bit of gallows humour. So I am sitting here in the gathering gloom with the central heating switched off and contemplating the worst financial times I personally have had since 1980.
My bank balance arrived earlier which curtailed any thoughts of blogging as I frantically wrote the two articles this week which will earn me some money. It's a far cry from the years when I wrote two articles a DAY but so it goes in freelance journalism.
I'm only scraping by because I don't drive and have an extremely low mortgage.But even the scraping is starting to get difficult.In starting this blog two years ago I rather burnt my bridges as suspect my previous job as part-time press officer for the Government might not be up for grabs. So what to do?
Well what I won't be doing is building up any more credit - an bitterly regretting a recent splurge which will take me months to pay off. Rule 2 is also not to panic .Rule 3 cut out unnecessary trips to the pub, outdoor coffees, impulse shopping. And most of all Rule 4. Start looking for full-time employment.

1 comment:

Robert said...

Good luck finding work, last month I went down to the job center to be told that I had been moved from disabled to vulnerable, I asked what difference did that make to me getting a job and they said come back after Christmas.

Me and my bloody wheelchair.