Sunday, 11 October 2009

NO DEFENCE FOR THE ENGLISH DEFENCE LEAGUE

I was not best pleased, en route to see my dad who is 89 and not in the best of health, to see my home city of Manchester hijacked my fascist bastards who gridlocked the place and ensured it took 90 minutes to traverse six miles on the bus . Complete chaos. What the hell were GMP thinking of to allow such mayhem for the sake of a few neo-Nazi nutters? How many thousands of pounds did it cost?
I met a woman at the bus-stop seriously worried about her 19-year-old daughter who was engaging in the demo against the fascists.I'm glad people were saying what they thought but frankly Manchester should never have allowed this march to happen.

7 comments:

Robert said...

Sadly it's the price of democracy.

Laban said...

"Manchester should never have allowed this march to happen"

Isn't that what they said about the Chartists at Peterloo Fields ?

susan press said...

I hardly think the two are comparable. And, given that the city was basically cordoned off for the sake of about 100 fanatics, it's not a price worth paying

Anonymous said...

"I hardly think the two are comparable."

There-in lies the difference between a true liberal and a partial liberal.
David Duff
http://duffandnonsense.typepad.com/

PS: Due to some glitch in TypePad my link is not provided when I comment here, instead you get a meaningless code. I didn't want you to think I had gone all modest and anonymous. (Fat chance!)

Chris Hyland said...

Both the police and the council said because it was a static gathering and not a march they had no powers to stop it. There was a march though.

Merseymike said...

I think it could have been allowed, but elsewhere rather than using the route given. Plenty of precedents for that!

Robert said...

The price of democracy is not worth paying, phew I think it is.