I have been traipsing up and down the country at various meetings and tomorrow night I go to speak to Hazel Grove CLP to give a brief talk about the LRC.
I am pretty exhausted, fire-fighting on several fronts with not much time to blog - or inclination, really if I'm honest.
However, things which have cheered me in the past couple of days include Mervyn King's wise words about the disgraceful profiteering of the banks, the CWU's refusal to cave in to Royal Mail bosses so intent on smashing their strike that they bring in 30,000 casual scab workers, and then there was Peter Hain calling on the BBC to ban Nick Griffin.
I hope tomorrow there are thousands outside Television Centre to protest at the shameful inclusion of Griffin as a guest on Question Time. And I hope at some point in the future to regain my enthusiasm for blogging. In the meantime, I will be going to lots of real time events and helping organise a local support group for the CWU.
Wednesday, 21 October 2009
NOT MUCH TIME FOR CYBERSPACE
Posted by
susan press
at
18:56
Labels: political activity
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment