Thursday, 15 October 2009

WEST YORKSHIRE LRC AGM

The West Yorkshire LRC AGM is on Saturday October 17 at the Trades Club, Hebden Bridge. We will be making nominations for Executive and National Committee positions - and discussing the last 12 months of activity. As Secretary of the local LRC, can I thank all those who have supported the Labour Left in 2009 and I hope to see some of you at 1pm. New supporters welcome! Our task in the coming months is to ensure we do as much as we can to stave off the likelihood of a Tory Government both in the Labour Party and the wider trade union movement.
In the south-east, comrades are already mobilising to support John McDonnell in his campaign for re-election. I'm sure that in the North we will be doing likewise for MPs under threat.

1 comment:

Robert said...

Good luck to you, except for McDonnell I'd not walk across the road to save any of them.