Thursday, 24 December 2009

THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW......

All I actually want for Christmas is a bath. And running water. There has been more bloody snow overnight and what little water I had has now gone completely. The plumber said there is nothing which can be done until the Big Freeze is over - when gallons of water are likely to flood the basement. God bless us every one......

Fortunately, I am going to friends for Christmas lunch. I may also join the gym down the road just to have a shower. As I look out the window, the scene could not be prettier. The reality is that sub-zero temperatures have truly messed up my Christmas.And yes, I know I should not whinge.But sod it........
On a more positive note a truly Happy Birthday to my friend Pete Lazenby who is 60 today. Pete is a lifelong socialist , journalist and lives in Hebden Bridge. He works for the Yorkshire Evening Post and writes on the Guardian's Comment Is Free too . The only man I know who can stomach vindaloo curry for breakfast in the office at 9am in the morning. Have a good one and see you later for a birthday drink.....if I can find some hot water

No comments: