There is still no water to speak of in my house. My powers of British stoicism are running out and I have had to rely on the largesse of friends to have a bath. It has ruined my Christmas.
Yorkshire Water, to whom I pay over £30.00 a month in water rates, say there is nothing they can do and with temperatures set to plummet over New Year, it looks as though the situation will continue. I am at the mercy of the elements.
But what I didn't expect this morning was a dismissive phone call from the Yorkshire Water "helpline" to say it was an entirely private matter, there was nothing they could do, and basically to sod off.
I know that in the great scheme of things this is a trivial matter. But, as every woman knows, the simple joy of taking a bath is one of life's great pleasures. So forgive me while I contemplate crawling under the duvet and howling until the Big Freeze is over. It is nice to know the vast profits made by the privatised utilities are paid back in customer satisfaction
Sunday, 27 December 2009
NO WATER WORLD
Posted by
susan press
at
09:06
Labels: privatised utilities, Yorkshire Water
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Welcome to global warming, boy this weather takes me back to the 1960's and the snow we use to have, and the frozen pipes, and the skating on the pond. Perhaps global warming is wrong and we are heading for an ice age, I'm waiting for these expert people to come out now and say yes we are going to die in an age of ice.
Post a Comment