Wednesday, 16 December 2009

FESTIVE READING -THE LRC RED PAPERS

One of the most disheartening things about the immediately pre-Christmas period is the sales signs going up . Now the majority of the UK population has spent up for the festive season, High Street retailers are already gearing up for the capitalist bonus of "bargains" which will increase their killing even further.
Today I finally got my act together and had a tree delivered. Tomorrow, I will frantically sign and address cards and maybe this weekend buy family and friends some modest presents but on the whole I find the corporate spectacle which Christmas has become pretty dispiriting.
One thing I've not had the chance to do recently is digest some serious reading on the economic prospects (bad ) for 2010 and, with some days off work over Christmas, I plan to go throught the Red Papers published by the LRC and get my head round some serious socialist analysis
The Papers are here and can be downloaded.They are an invaluable resource for those of us in need of facts and figures
http://www.l-r-c.org.uk/policy/LEAP

No comments: