Saturday, 10 November 2007

DON'T CHOKE ON YOUR CORNFLAKES.....

I didn't know whather to laugh or cry when I saw Anthony Seldon's piece today on Tony Blair. It's basically a sycophantic justification of why poor Tony needs to be paid £240,000 for a speech - complete with the strapline "A man's got to get by.." It seems Blair's market value is decreasing by the day so obviously he has to profit massively now. Don't read it if you suffer from high blood pressure......
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/story/0,,2208725,00.html

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

One intresting fact about Seldon is while his father may have been the founder of the right wing Adam Smith Insitute his grandfather Wilfred Willett was a committed communist, agricultural workers union branch secretary in Kent as well as nature writer of great note

Anonymous said...

What a shame the labour party inflicted Blair on the nation for ten years..now the hand wringing by the labour rank and file is commendable, but are you the same people giving him standing ovations at conference? I think so! You guys are on the hook for him..

susan press said...

The one occasion I did have the "joy" of being inside the conference hall to hear Blair I did NOT stand for the ovation. That was 2003. In 2004 I watched it on a screen outside and likewise 2006.

Jim Denham said...

I'm so glad you commented upon that utterly nauseating, loathsome piece of grovelling shite. I meant to write something on "Shiraz", but didn't get round to it. Life's only so long, and all that... but good to see that Seldon's contemptible (and, it would seem, completely unself-concious) insult to working class people, has not gone unanswered. Well done!