There was I blethering on like an idiot about my reading glasses while the rest of the world was agog at the news that Castro has just announced he is stepping down. For years, I said I must go to Cuba ( ie while Castro was still in charge) and now it's too late. Time waits for no man, not even the legendary Fidel whose health has been a subject of speculation for nigh on two years. Let's hope Bush doesn't use this as an excuse for more gung-ho militarism. And that the transition to a new Cuba is a peaceful one. Viva socialismo!
Update: And Gordon Brown is already talking about steering Cuba towards a more "pluralist democracy" ie no doubt he has visions of the neo-cons in the US and the free market muscling in . To which I say "El pueblo unido jamas sera vencido" ...........the workers united shall never be defeated ...........

4 comments:
Dear Susan
the workers united shall never be defeated ...........
Quite so. Which reminds me that you have been very quiet about the outcome of the last LRC national committee meeting and the subject of the CLGA slate
http://www.clga.org.uk
My understanding is that two motions were tabled. Whatever happened to them?
A case of the Labour Party workers united.......?
I should get your skates on before all the thuggish secret police, the poverty, the slums and the rust-bucket cars disappear and Cuba becomes a second Florida!
Peter,
As CLPs are currently in the process of deciding who they nominate for the NEC I think it is in the best interests of everyone concerned that we assess candidates on their merits.That includes the CLGA, obviously.
Duff, you are a troll...
Frenetic
Post a Comment