Thursday, 14 February 2008

THE "LINE" ON VALENTINE'S DAY

Tonight I am off to a Valentine's Day fashion show at Todmorden Town Hall. Am I interested in fashion? Not particularly but it's a charity do. Did I get any Valentines. Sadly, no. The last time I got an actual Valentine's card was in 1978 which isn't quite so tragic as it sounds. For most of my life I have had relationships with lefty men who have eschewed February 14 as a capitalist ploy to get money out of gullible men who feel obliged to take their girlfriends out for dinner etc. This is of course absolutely true. It is also a convenient excuse.........especially in Yorkshire where men are as they say round here "careful" with their money. Off to the catwalk.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should try 'Righty-men'!

And do you mean to tell me that my Vantine card failed to be delivered!