Wednesday, 6 February 2008

NOT ON THIS TEAM.......

Is it just me or does anyone else find those patronising e-mail communications from New Labour HQ utterly irritating and insulting. Like thousands of other members , I have just had notice of a national "Campaign Day " on Saturday apparently designed to help activists and MPs in marginal seats like this one.

Actually, we do have a campaign day planned this weekend - focussing on local issues like social and affordable housing and low pay. Not vacuous New Labour guff.
And, no, it's not under the vile Americanised umbrella of " Team Labour." Whatever that is supposed to mean.
What is the matter with these New Labour apparatchiks? I am not impressed with bland rubbish saying we're not "like the other lot." so hey let's get out on the doorstep and be thankful.
The last few days have seen appalling policy pronouncements from Caroline Flint , tax breaks for business from Alistair Darling, and a TV expose of the plight of pensioners who can't afford to heat their homes. As one EX Labour Party member said to me this morning, "We are getting deeper and deeper into the mire." Not, I hasten to add, the fault of grassroots members. But the awful lot who are in charge.......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's "social housing" if it isn't pure guff irrespective of its socialist origins? A house cannot be 'social', anymore than, say, justice can be 'social'. Come along, dear, you're supposed to be teaching journalism!

Nibbs said...

They usually end up in my spam tray with the ones begging for money.You'd think there'd be some sort of announcement on fuel poverty given the dispatches programme and the recent huge hikes in energy costs.

Anonymous said...

I prefer the straight forward term Council Housing. But 'social' housing isn't a problem. Justice by the way mate is in it's very nature social. But come along 'dear' I'm sure Sue Press feels sufficiently patronised.