Sunday, 17 February 2008

"SCOUSE GIT" SOUNDS OFF AGAIN.......

When I think of Tony Booth (which isn't often) there are two words which spring to mind. One is loose. And the other one is cannon. He now lives locally and it was with a certain amount of trepidation that I watched him arrive at our John McDonnell leadership campaign meeting a year or so ago.
I have to say that despite my concerns he behaved impeccably and nodded sagely on more than one occasion during John's speech ( even if his resolutely Blairite wife claimed they had gone there "by accident" afterwards) .
Anyway, after a period of relative quiet Booth is at it again in today's Mail On Sunday calling Gordon Brown a "shit" ( excuse the language) and generally badmouthing him. Even more embarrassingly for his ex son-in-law, Booth reveals he took his grandson Euan Blair to the red light district in Amsterdam because he "wanted to see it." Sounds like Euan iks a chip off the old block as anyone who has read TB's memoirs will be aware, his past is more than a little chequered. I have the first edition ( someone gave it to me) in which he talks in rather graphic detail about his "crumpeteering" days. I'm sure those are now over. But if i were Labour candidate in Todmorden , which Booth's fourth wife is, then I would tell him to keep quiet.

No comments: