The tabloid pictures of Paul Weller in a drunken heap in Prague are a timely reminder to my generation that some things just aren't done anymore. And collapsing in a comatose state with your better half is probably top of anyone's list. I am about to embark on a sub-zero tour around the town with several friends and experience has taught me not to go out before 9pm and to make an orderly exit from the pub well before midnight.........that is the plan anyway.Just before Big Ben strikes I will smoke one of the cocktail Sobranies a friend bought me for Xmas and I am giving the rest away. 2009, if nothing else, will be a fag-free year.
As for 2008 well like most years after a certain age it has been a mixed bag of good and bad stuff and I expect the same of the New Year. One thing I do hope is that I will end it a bit healthier so to that end I will be taking a bit better care of myself . I suggest P Weller does the same unless he really does want to be a sad old git! A Happy New Year to all blog readers ........
Wednesday, 31 December 2008
STYLE COUNSEL FOR NEW YEAR'S EVE.....
Posted by
susan press
at
19:52
Labels: New Year's Eve, revels
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
As long he is happy :)
Have a good new year!
Pfft, as one who has seen the wrong side of 40 I can happily confirm 2009 will continue to be a smoking year and I got plastered new years eve :)
Admittedly only in my own home with a group of friends, but it was still a great evening!
Getting plastered within the confines of one's own home is I agree a rather different proposition.......however this New Year's Eve I stayed sober and it was rather nice to wake up minus hangover yesterday.
I HAVE to give up smoking due to chronic bronchitis and family history ......if I could get away with it I would carry on!
Post a Comment