Charles Clarke said earlier this week he was "ashamed" to be a Labour MP.Let me make one thing clear. I'm still proud to be a Labour councillor and proud also of my comrades in Calder Valley who are exemplary in fighting for fairness and social justice.
Tonight, I did my last official gig as Town Mayor and we're going to make my £4000 target to raise money for the local hospice. It's a real achievement for which I profoundly thank all the members of my local community who have contributed. I just wish the powers-that-be in the Regional Labour Party and NEC had listened to our voices. We would not be in the mess we are currently in if they had. To win this seat at the next General Election, we needed grassroots activists rooted in the community.
Thursday, 7 May 2009
ASHAMED? NO
Posted by
susan press
at
00:49
Labels: Calder Valley selection, local activities
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Well to get grass roots you have to plant seeds, and to be honest Labour planting methods are not to good at the moment. and to many weeds are coming up.
My self I had an offer to a coffee morning to discuss why I had left the party with other long term ex members, I asked who would be attending and they said oh somebody will chat to you. Some body so I and the others did not bother, I've had another email now asking if I like a coffee morning, I said no thanks.
we really need to expel these Blairites who cannot shut up
if it was a left wing MP saying this they would be out certainly de selected
all in all his Norwich seat will give the Greens their first seat in parliament
Post a Comment