Wednesday, 6 May 2009

OLD SCHOOL LABOUR

This afternoon I'm being elevated to the House Of Lords, where I'm meeting Lord Morris of Manchester, aka Alf Morris, ex MP for Wythenshawe and someone I have known since i was a teenager. One of Alf's Commons speeches gets a mention in Hansard's latest publication and i am writing a piece accordingly. I am looking forward to the meeting - Alf, like Jack Jones and sundry others of his generation, is a shining beacon of integrity. Shame there aren't more like him in the current crop of career politicians

4 comments:

Robert said...

Yes I remember him during the early years , talking on TV. Yes your right about we are missing these people, sadly new labour keep reminding us they do not want to return to those years. I had a better dam life in the 1970 then I do now.

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan - what on earth do we do now?
Labour voter for over 40 years; I was 100% behind Janet. Working in Halifax's dying textile industry, I was a fan of Alice and Shirley Summerskill and admired Bob and later Ann Cryer's stands. I'd very happily have supported you!! but how can we embrace S Booth? Seems like a total, shaming mess. and

tim f said...

For a moment I thought you meant something else when you said you'd been elevated to the House of Lords! I thought "surely they wouldn't have done, and surely she wouldn't have accepted" in the split second before I read on...

Anonymous said...

were nolonger nuts for Hazel

were kitkats for Hazel

this on top of the Observor

by bye hazel and take your new labour friends with you