Thursday, 21 May 2009

CABINET MEMBERS SHOULD NOT ESCAPE SANCTIONS..

Ian Gibson is standing down as he has transgressed the rules - likewise Ben Chapman. Can someone explain to me why Blears, Purnell and Hoon are still in the Cabinet. If we are going to discipline MPs, it should be a level playing field......a few backbench scapegoats just won't cut it. If we have to re-build the PLP, let's start at the top

6 comments:

Robert said...

With Labour in a poor condition because of a seriously poor leader, this damage will take sometime to go away. New labour are the power in the Labour power and any minister or power broker within New Labour Brown cannot remove anyone of them, in fact they might remove him.

I think New Labour are going to get a pounding at the EU elections, people will move to remove Brown, but he will call an election so in his own little mind he can fight to get elected again.

The fact is we have a dead government walking now, at a time when the government should be strong we have a week leader, dirty MP's guilty of a lack of moral standing, and it's time to remove them. Lets have an election.

Tom said...

Agree. Big shame to hear about Gibson...

Anonymous said...

Bloody shame about Ian, a good man, how on earth did he get caught up in all this, haven't heard anything recent from John McDonell, really hope he isn't implicated...

susan press said...

I agree it's a shame about Ian Gibson but regardless of his track record it seems he's got caught up in the miasma. And must therefore pay the price.

Merseymike said...

Frankly, I think its a pity that you have joined the puritanical bandwagon. Far more important things to worry about - and typical of the rather pursed-up attitudes of the left which is why I have never really been attracted to them.

I think the vast majority of the British people who claim to be so 'definitely disgusted' would have done exactly the same - I wouldn't want to have to represent such a load of whingers. Its largely envy.

susan press said...

I think you're wrong, It's not puritanical to expect people who are already earning far more than the average to not milk a system in a way which rightly disgusts people coping with very difficult economic circumstances. Ans surely we demnand higher standards from those in public office.
And, no, I wouldn't fiddle the books