Wednesday, 8 July 2009

CAMPAIGNING FOR THE LEFT

As the General Election draws nearer, the LRC is drawing up a list of MPs whose track-record in Parliament merits extra support at the General Election. One might have hoped the list of MPs rebelling over the 10p tax rate would have been longer than the 18 who supported Frank Field's bid to stop its abolition. Another opportunity wasted to win back support from the General Public. At present I can't source a list of the rebels on the internet so if anyone can supply it I would be grateful........Update: Gordon Prentice, Peter Kilfoyle, Jeremy Corbyn, Kate Hoey, Mike Wood, John McDonnell, Paul Flynn, Alan Simpson, Dai Havard, Mark Fisher, Kelvin Hopkins, Frank Field, Lynne Jones, Dianne Abbott, Martin Caton,David Drew, Andrew Mackinlay.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I thought Lynne Jones was standing down?

And what about Katy Clark!? :P

susan press said...

Lynne Jones is standing down. I believe Katy is on maternity leave.....