Wednesday, 22 July 2009

DEBATE ON THE LEFT IN HEBDEN BRIDGE......

Tomorrow night the Trades Club is hosting a debate on the future of the left and how to vote in the General Election to avoid a Tory Government. Platform is Hilary Wainwright (Red Pepper), Pete Lazenby (NUJ activist and Calder Branch Labour Party, our former Labour PPC Janet OOsthuysen and a representative from the Green Party.
I will be there, no doubt incurring the wrath of anarchists and others, by counselling that standing minority candidates only helps the Tories and that people must campaign for Labour , or at least vote Labour, as the best alternative. I will also be flagging up the LRC and urging people to join.
My tussle with the DWP this morning left me somewhat depressed and I got my cosmic comeuppance when my graphic designer got in touch to say he had just found a cheque for £50.00 which he hadn't paid in yet. I decided the only antodote to this further bad news was to resolve not to let the system get me down - and keep on keeping on. Right, off to council meeting........

No comments: