Once tonight's by-election is out of the way ( yes I will be staying up to watch) the political recess truly begins. For those of us who spend much of our lives at meetings agitating it's a bit like the end of the football season. A whole six weeks without a meeting. Actually, in my case that's not true at all. August has two town council meetings , which I chair, a by-election , and much preparation for the Convention Of The Left in September. There is also the small matter of the £4000 I have pledged to raise for a local hospice, training for a Midnight Walk in September and the ivy which has crept its way up to the roof at the back of my house. So, no, I won't be short of things to do. My prediction for tonight? Labour hangs on - but with much-reduced majority.
Thursday, 24 July 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Surely it is more effective to agititate in the community rather than at meetings?
As I said, I am working to raise £4000 for a local hospice and out and about on a daily basis meeting community groups.
Post a Comment