One of our local MPs, Pendle's Gordon Prentice, has just called on Gordon Brown to resign. Though not aligned to any Parliamentary grouping, Gordon has consistently and admirably supported left policies - and was one of the few MPs who last year did not nominate Brown as Leader. I applaud his typical outspokenness but am sure he would also agree that, without a change in policy, a change in leadership will be a fruitless exercise.
The way things are, Gordon Prentice will sadly be one of the first casualties at a General Election. We simply cannout afford to lose MPs like him. In fact, we need more.
Monday, 28 July 2008
GORDON CALLS FOR BROWN 'S RESIGNATION
Posted by
susan press
at
13:59
Labels: Labour leadership
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I listened to the interview on the World at One and as always GP was consistent. He too called for a change of policy. He certainly made sense when he said he was unaware of Gordon Brown's policies prior to his coronation as leader.
Correct me if I am wrong but I thought GP was retiring at the next election?
Best wishes Jane
Gordon Prentice was always against the coronation of Gordon Brown .One of the few... I wasn'taware he was retiring. The sad fact is that Pendle will be one of the first seats to go
Post a Comment