It has been a very strange week up here in Calder Valley and I think that events are far from over. The row continues in Erith and Thamesmead and it remains to be seen what will transpire here. The media frenzy we have had over the Georgia Gould issue would probably not have happened without the internet -nor the revelations regarding Damian McBride.
As far as my constituency goes, i think it's now best for others to answer the questions we have put. I can only say there are going to be others. For now, I think it's best to draw a line. But I'm also holding the line that the whole process of how we select our candidates must be looked at by the NEC and I would urge people to contact their CLP representatives . This week, the grassroots have risen up and said enough is enough. I'd like to thank everyone who has phoned or e-mailed me and I'd like to hope that in the end the result will be a posiitve one for Party democracy and for all those of us who want to see politics be more open, honest and transparent. The smearing , and the tactics used by those who do it, cannot go on.
Monday, 20 April 2009
HOLDING THE LINE AND DRAWING A LINE....
Posted by
susan press
at
12:47
Labels: Calder Valley, Parliamentary selections
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
How would you feel about using 'open primaries' to select candidates?
The smearing is ghastly. Nixon-style dirty tricks. But there were lots of ghastly smears by the Bennites and the Hattonistas during the 80s. Labour can win only when it is a broad church. I would vote for Frank Field, but not for Brown and certainly not for Balls. The union bosses defeated Callaghan and brought Thatcher and they are funding Brown's disastrous policies.
Post a Comment