Last meeting tonight as Chair of Hebden Royd Town Council and just a couple of weeks to go before I hand over and step down as Mayor. One goal remains. That's to raise the £500 left to reach my target of £4000 for the local hospice. It's been an enjoyable 12 months and I have met so many people in the local community that I hope it's been a positive for everyone and in particular my freinds and comrades in the local Labour Party. When I started out in May last year, I did not expect to be ivolved in two Parliamentary selections and obviously it's been a real disappointment not to have ended the year as a PPC candidate in either. That's politics.
I have no idea what will transpire in tbe next 12 months but I will carry on doing my bit on the local Town Council, campaigning for the LRC and hopefully continue to fight my corner in the Labour Party. I had a chat with the Keighley MP Ann Cryer yesterday in Parliament and she has asked me to share my experiences of being on an all-woman shortlist at a conference to be held soon. I don't think I will be short of things to say.........
Thursday, 30 April 2009
OUT OF THE CHAIN GANG....
Posted by
susan press
at
00:27
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment