This year of civic duty is coming to an end and there are a few loose ends I have to tie up between now and May 20. First, just over a thousand pounds more is needed for the Overgate Hospice to reach my fund-raising target of £4000 so I'll be doing my best at the Civic Dinner on Saturday to do that . Thanks to the friends who are turning up, including a gang from London, to boost the coffers with a three-course meal, traditional Irish music band and disco Then there's the Mayor's Report to write for the Town Meeting on May 13 before handover on May 20. And that's it.
By the time I've finished I will have done about 80 engagements and I'd like to thank all the schools, groups and individuals who have invited me to events or supported the fund-raisers I organised. It's really now time for a new chapter to begin. But, given the dearth of journalistic work in the north, it's going to be anything but easy.
Thursday, 16 April 2009
LOOSE ENDS.....
Posted by
susan press
at
11:31
Labels: civic duty
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Looking forward to your Civic Dinner on Sat.
Its been a pleasure being your deputy for the year and I hope you take a well earned rest after the 20th.
You have done the council and Overgate Hospice proud.
Susan - there's an article on don paskini that you might want to comment on, just in case you haven't seen it.
yes,just seen it. Totally disagree with it.....
Post a Comment