Bob Piper says it doesn't matter that much as what's done is done and what should not have been done can't be changed now. Jeremy Corbyn disagrees
Wednesday, 17 June 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Personal blog of Susan Press, Vice-Chair LRC - The Labour Representation Committee www.l-r-c.org.uk
Bob Piper says it doesn't matter that much as what's done is done and what should not have been done can't be changed now. Jeremy Corbyn disagrees
Posted by
susan press
at
17:09
Labels: Iraq inquiry
4 comments:
Actually, Susan, if it came across like that, it wasn't meant to. What I meant to say was that I didn't think anyone would change their stance whatever the outcome of an Inquiry, be it in public or private.
As it happens I welcome the Inquiry, but if you ask me what I think it will conclude, and I would say a cover up for the mistakes of the security services, so I doubt we would discover much because that will allow Blair to wriggle off the hook.
Mostly agree Bob but a transparent inquiry would have been a much more honourable option
A transparent inquiry would have been lovely however Gordon Brown is well aware that if the results of the inquiry were made public it really would spell the end for his government.
We know we were lied to over the reason for going to war; we don't need an inquiry to tell us that.
Why do you really think Brown or Blair will be found guilty of anything, it is now to be in the open except for the secret bits Brown has done another U turn, he must be sick of turning at the moment, but in the end we will be told that Saddam does have WMD, it's just they are not in Iraq perhaps a scammer sold them they have sold everything else.
Post a Comment