Sometimes I yearn for a more spacious home. However, in the light of the Govt plans to extend the HIP scheme I suppose I'm thankful that my house (purchased 1996 before things went absolutely crazy round here) has only two bedrooms ( despite originally being TWO dwellings) .For it seems that the 11 million people in the UK with three-bedroomed properties will now have to sign up to the Home Information pack scheme if they wish to move on. This costs a substantial amount of money - on top of the huge bungs that go to estate agents and solicitors. And I think the Govt is missing the whole point of the current homes crisis. Lack of information isn't the problem, but lack of homes, and lack of money to buy them.The market is absolutely bloated with over-priced properties and young first-time buyers face a mountain of debt to even get on the property ladder. Many others are living in dread of more interest hikes or unemployment as they struggle to pay their mortgages.
Saturday, 18 August 2007
TIME FOR REAL ACTION ON HOUSING
It's time Gordon Brown addressed the real housing problems in this country - tinkering with cosmetic stuff like the HIP programme isn't the answer.
Posted by
susan press
at
13:12
Labels: Govt policy, Housing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Central to addressing the Housing problem is the removal of legislation permitting the sale of council houses at huge unfair discounts.
Whats the point of building 'social housing'(if that is what is meant as council housing)at huge tax payers expense, if it is going to be flogged off for peanuts.
Ian
Yes, I agree
Post a Comment