Tuesday, 12 August 2008

BILL 4 DEPUTY IN SCOTLAND

In a previous life, I spent a lot of time in Glasgow. Particularly the West End. Fond memories of The Ubiquitous Chip and other haunts but I digress from the fact that I hope Bill Butler gets the Deputy Leadership of the Scottish Labour group in Holyrood. He's convenor of the Campaign for Socialism so would get my vote ( if I had one) .I still think it's a shame Elaine Smith did not stand but anyway good luck to Bill . Cathy Jamieson seems to be the best bet for Leader. Look forward to discussing more with Scottish comrades in a few weeks' time.

4 comments:

Ravi Gopaul said...

Absolutely, I hope Bill gets it. As for Cathy, I think she is more New Labour nonsense.

If we are to challenge the SNP, we have to return to left both nationally and in Scotland.

susan press said...

I believe that Cathy was at one time a Campaign Group supporter. Probably clutching at straws......

Duncan Hall said...

Cathy was a leading member of Campaign for Socialism, and CLGA-backed member of the NEC (and from the left bit of it!) She has been very moderate as deputy leader, but she seems to have decided to run a left campaign, so let's hope it's more than just positioning.

Anonymous said...

Elaine's the convener of CfS, although Bill is a longtime memebr.