Sunday, 10 August 2008

A COMRADE OF GREAT COURAGE

Today I sent a card to a comrade who is currently recovering in hospital from an horrific accident. Nigel Pearce of the NUM has been one of the strongest supporters round here of our struggle to re-claim Labour from the Blairites and is a sincere , committed socialist with agreat sense of humour . He has also attended every West Yorkshire LRC meeting I have ever organised -until now.
While on holiday in Spain , Nigel had a motorbike accident and spent many weeks in a Spanish hospital before being flown home a couple of weeks ago. He's come out of a coma, is currently in a wheelchair but so I hear absolutely determined to walk again, "upbeat" and cheerful. In short, a bit of an inspiration to the rest of us. Get well soon, Nigel. Card in the post and will come and see you soon in Wakefield. Your presence is much missed.

No comments: