Tuesday, 26 June 2007

BROWN "BOUNCE" FAILS TO MATERIALISE

A poll in today's Independent puts the Tories five points ahead. So much for the Brown "bounce." Personally, am feeling utterly deflated ( not that I had any illusions) . I have many good friends who still hang onto absurd notions Brown is a closet socialist.They, too, are about to be cruelly disappointed.And am already regretting voting for Harman as my second preference.Even Polly Toynbee was fooled by her anti-Iraq rhetoric.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"And am already regretting voting for Harman as my second preference."


I'll join you on that one, even though I only had her as third preference...

Mike Baldock said...

Chin up Grim - nothing's really got worse since John was cheated from running - it's just those who for whatever reason put any faith in Brown's socialist credentials that need feel deflated by anything that's happened recently.

In fact, this is what we've been waiting for ever since he prevented the election - for others in the party to realise that the rightward drift isn't going to stop. It's just that the evidence is coming thicker and faster than even we expected!

Now's the time we can get out and say 'we told you so - now what you going to do about it?'

This is the time to gather up all the new wave of upset Labourites and get them involved in the CLD and Reclaim Labour camapigns - before they trundle off into dissaffection - like I felt like doing before I realised there was still something positive to come from the Left! (And it was you what made me rethink remember!)

susan press said...

Mike, you are right. But the tsunami of right-wing stuff from Brown is quite extraordinary. The New Labout logo is even back on the LP website.Many thought brown's arrival would be all change. Not only is it business as usual, it's worse....lots of work to do!!!!