Interesting news from Clare Short, who today is hinting at wishing to be allowed back into the fold of the PLP. I cannot say I am surprised. Short is a volatile politician who had made some huge errors because of her emotional ups and downs. Leaving the PLP was one of them. Not resigning over Iraq was her biggest mistake. But if she wants to come back then of course she must be welcomed. We need all the left-wingers we can get. We also allow right-wing Tories like Quentin Davies into the fold so why on earth wouldn't she be taken in. As far as I know, she is still a member of the Labour Party. When Clare Short resigned the Whip, I wrote to her asking her to stay in and fight .In these times of right-wing hegemony, that's really our duty as committed socialists.
Friday, 29 June 2007
COME BACK CLARE!
Posted by
susan press
at
11:46
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I think the jury is out on Clare. I think she is too unreliable to place any faith in her.
Ian
Why should this self centered idiot be allowed back into membership ?
at least she's not a Tory....
Post a Comment