Yes, HH has been spinning like mad that she didn't say the Govt should apologise for the war. Er, she did, on Newsnight in front of several million viewers
. But Gord must be obeyed and, clearly, Gordon isn't impressed with the views expressed by her and Cruddas. So HH is already descending into the dark side of fudging and evading the issue. "Some are saying I am too right-wing, others are saying I am too left-wing... they haven't really got it sorted out. I just am what I am." As the song by Shirley Bassey says, no excuses Hat........and I'm sorry but you're fibbing.
Monday, 25 June 2007
HARMAN BACKTRACKS ALREADY
Posted by
susan press
at
16:41
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Exactly! I think that we can expect the recent outbreak of leftish noises to quickly dissolve...
She speaks weasel-tongue right enough, though a careful textual analysis finds her agreeing with at least one item on a list of three.
Cruddas got his words wrong too. He talked about the party apologising - rather than the PLP pro-war brigade or the government or the war cabinet or whatever. The party and the movement did not vote for the war.
I don't think the party needs to apologise for this specifically. Perhaps for letting Blair have his way to such an extent. But in power that again is largely down to the PLP.
Post a Comment