"Underhand", "toxic" , not exactly the nicest of adjectives for a PM in waiting but there you have it. The verdict from the Lib Dems. And, I daresay, many angry Labour back-benchers. And if the best they can do is drag on the unctuous James Purnell onto Channel 4 News to defend Brown's atrociously backdoor double-dealing as a master-stroke of political genius then it really is ( excuse my language) bollocks. I must confess to a slight tinge of Schadenfreude at the dismay this must be causing amid the supine PLP. A strange reward for unquestioning loyalty. On the whole, though, I think it's a disgraceful betrayal of the Party 's loyal foot soldiers (again) . With a majority of over 60, why in God's name would we need a Lib-Lab deal. Welcome to the era of Ramsay McBrown. Next thing we know he will be ushering in the Tories.
Thursday, 21 June 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment