Thursday, 28 June 2007

THINGS CAN ONLY GET WORSE

I don't believe it. Jacqui Smith as Home Secretary. slimy James Purnell as Culture Minister and, worst of all, ultra-right John Hutton as Industry Minister. An utterly vile cabal of uber-Blairites, every one. And where's poor old Hilary Benn......oh God this is seriously depressing.
UPDATE: Benn has Environment,Yvette Cooper Housing. Would it not have been a brilliant gesture for Brown to have given Cruddas that job? I knew he wouldn't. But it's a lost opportunity. So, the centre-left is utterly out in the cold yet again. Quelle surprise....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about this then....

http://petergkenyon.typepad.com/peterkenyon/2007/06/how-to-tempt-to.html

Geraint said...

It it times like this that I am really greatful for devolution.

Chris Paul said...

Cruddas will be in tier two I reckon. He is not time served is he? He needs some mentoring to get him up to speed. Perhaps stick him in with Hazel? Perhaps give him a campaigning role vs the nazis?

susan press said...

Chris, you're talking rubbish. How much "mentoring" did Blair have when he became PM?