Have spent most of Easter Monday writing about curry for overdue article about Rusholme, aka Manchester's "Curry Mile." Postponement was not down to usual laziness and procrastination but illness which has more than a little blighted this weekend. Did have plans to go for moorland walk today but just not up to it. The keema curry I cooked on Saturday was, however, highly praised by all . The past few days have also seen vast chili consumption in bid to ward off bronchial bugs. To some extent, succeeded. The Crunchie bar I had a few hours ago was also highly therapeutic but now it's back to the cabbage soup as I get back on straight and narrow .
PS: The best restaurant on Manchester's Curry Mile is the Punjab, which does fab
Southern Indian vegetarian food along with the usual bog-standard kormas and karahis. I particularly recommend the tandoori mateer paneer and masala dosais ( potato pancake with coriander chutney) . which are difficult to find outside London.But THE best curry place in Manchester is currently Akhbars in Castlefield
Monday, 24 March 2008
EASTER MONDAY IS EAST.....
Posted by
susan press
at
16:50
Labels: curries, wash-out weekend
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment