Monday, 24 March 2008

PART OF THE UNIONS

Hat tip to Tom Miller for this "splendid" piece of news. The World is truly Being Turned Upside Down and Cameron, seriously. has Labour on the run. Read it and weep.......the Tories must be crying with laughter as Labout sleepwalks to the right and to electoral disaster.....


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you really think any of the unions are liable to even listen to the Tory Party?

susan press said...

as 30 per cent of trade unionists are apparently Tory voters why not? Is Cameron that far apart from Brown???????

Anonymous said...

I reported on the Tories secret talks with the TUC just over a year ago here:
http://action-without-theory.blogspot.com/2007/03/cameron-wants-to-make-work-even-more.html

Anonymous said...

I don't understand your angst over the looming defeat of 'Hash Broon'. You abominate almost everything he does so if he is defeated surely that will provide you and your comrades with the chance to get the Labour party back on what you believe to be the right, er, sorry, I mean Left path.

I mean, 'my party right or wrong' can only be taken so far!

Anonymous said...

David
The people will be mugged by the Tories in the meantime.
Which is something we seek to avoid.

Anonymous said...

But Miles, if, as Susan tells us, 'Hash Broon's' policies are Tory, what's the difference?

Surely there must come a time when a continuation of support for the current Labour party must involve your own political conscience. For example, Susan, apparently, will go out on the doorstep at the next election, look people in the eye and try to convince them to vote Labour in the full knowledge that the resulting government will be, give or take a micro-millimetre, Tory.

Anonymous said...

a majority of unions and union members are members of unions not affiliated to labour

who they invite is a tatical question

are we suggesting that tories should not be members of unions

or that those that are have no place

trade unions are not socialist organisations or revoluntionary

our problem in the trade unions is that we nolonger reflect wider society...i hated an active tory group in my union but if they signed up to the ethos of my union i believe they had ever right to be a member


the tuc should have the tories, greens snp anyone else

we live under capitalism not socialism (yet)

susan press said...

The reason I'm still Labour is not the Government but the many many hundreds of councillpors and MPswho are still socialists. I would never telll anyone not to vote labour. I still hope we can change the Party from the grassroots

Anonymous said...

Susan
Why do only MPs and councillors count?