Wednesday, 12 March 2008

MY ALLEGIANCE

Utterly foul suggestions today about swearing allegiance to Queen as part of "citizenship". Someone said to me tonight it basically kills any hope that the Labour Party has a hope in hell of re-claimig its position as a left-of-centre party. I understand that thought. What I don't understand is the ever-rightwards drift which some seem hell-bent on continuing. The Daily Mail could not do better. Spent tonight in pub with comrades after our Branch meeting turned out to be inquorate.Hardly any bloody wonder........are we now the Party which encourages loyalty to inherited wealth and privelege??????

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yup. On the plus side, one you've appointed a city fat cat to a senior position in the LP, how much worse can things get?

Merseymike said...

Every time I think about rejoining the labouir party someone says something which makes me think - no, no, no