I got my winter gas bill today. Biggest ever. £227.00. Which cancels out a significant part of my earnings this month. Plus the double whammy of a letter from the taxman demanding almost £1000 "on account" for next tax year - despite the fact that I stumped up in January, last year earned very little and will probably be due a rebate. However if I don't pay up immediately, I will be charged seven per cent interest. A no-win situation.
So when people like John Hutton start waxing lyrical about "huge salaries" they need reminding that most of their core voters are people like me struggling to pay bills, being overtaxed proportionate to their income, and utterly fed-up with the fat cats in the utility compoanies making vast profits at their expense. Not to mention the super-rich in the City exploiting tax loopholes. They ignore us at their peril......

3 comments:
No they don't Susan, simply because unlike many of us former comrades, you will continue to support New Labour regardless of how many times we get kicked in the face by them. "My party, right or wrong", is your line. You are critical but still feel that it can be saved. It's gone and will not come back. Wake up and smell the coffee.
Paul (Huddersfield)
1. I don't support New Labour
2.Yes, the Party can be saved
3.It won't be saved by leaving
4.I think those who have left should "wake up smell the coffee" and help their comrades.
5.What's the option, exactly?
"the taxman demanding almost £1000 "on account" for next tax year - despite the fact that I stumped up in January"
Well some one's got to pay for 'Broon' spending money like a drunken sailor, and after all, you did cheer him on, did you not?
By the way, hate you in black, you looked much nicer in white!
Post a Comment