I'm horrified to learn that newspaper and magazine owners Archant have been accepting advertising from the BNP. Why? Because I have been a contributor to Archant titles for seven years.
The pay is pretty bad, and the magazines are largely lightweight stuff about fashion and lifestyle. So why work for them? Sometimes, as I have said before, freelances often have to stray far from what they would LIKE to be writing and bite the bullet of hackery to pay the bills. However, In London, it seems two local Archant-owned newspapers ( whom I hasten to add do NOT work for) have taken adverts from the far right. That's completely unacceptable and makes my position as a freelance working for them rather untenable.As I'm casting round for work anyway now teaching is about to end for the summer, seems am going to have to cast the net wider.....
Monday, 14 April 2008
ARCHANT, THE BNP AND EARNING A LIVING
Posted by
susan press
at
12:56
Labels: NUJ, Stand Up For Journalism
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment